Members of Florida Presbyterian Homes’ governing body, the Board of Directors, are nominated and then elected to an initial three-year term. Members may be re-elected for two subsequent three-year terms, but then must rotate off the board for a minimum of one year.
Our Board of Directors:
- Defines our mission, vision and values
- Forms policies
- Ensures that we plan effectively
- Determines our goals
- Selects, supports and evaluates the executive director
- Monitors and strengthens our programs, services and financial resources
- Provides proper financial oversight
- Monitors and strengthens Board performance
- Ensures legal and ethical integrity and compliance
Elena Nicholas, Chair
Director of Finance and Administration, First Presbyterian Church
Michael W. Tamney, Vice Chair
Vice President, Financial Advisor, Morgan Stanley
William Cloyd, Treasurer
Retired, Sr. VP Banking, First National Bank of Pasco
Katie Piperata, Secretary
Senior Partner, Director of Operations, MedBest Recruiting and Consulting, Inc.
President, Alltek Services, Inc.
Retired, Spanish Teacher, St. Joseph’s Catholic School
Ronald R. Shuck
Senior Housing Development Consultant, Windermere Strategic Partners, LLC
Retired, Director of Community Development, City of Lakeland
Scott Langston, JD, MBA
Attorney, Scott H. Langston Law
April Novotny, RN
Vice President of Clinical Services, Lakeland Regional Health
Retired, Vice President, College Mount Saint Joseph
President, Miller Construction Management
Owner, SHR Human Resources, LLC.
Paul S. Suich, Ph.D., M.Div.
Director of St. Andrew Ministry, Florida Presbyterian Church of Lakeland