The Wellness Department at Florida Presbyterian Homes is pleased to present the upcoming ‘A Matter of Balance’ class, an evidence-based program designed to improve activity levels among older adults and reduce the fear of falling.
The next 8-week program will begin Tuesday, February 23 at 1:15pm (South) and Thursday, February 25 at 1:30pm (North). The class will meet once a week; Tuesdays in the game room on the South side OR Thursdays in the McArthur Center on the North side.
The class is FREE and open exclusively to FPH residents at the current time. Residents who have already taken the class are welcome to take it again. The program is designed to benefit older adults who:
- Are concerned about falls.
- Have sustained falls in the past.
- Restrict activities because of concerns about falling.
- Are interested in information concerning fall prevention.
- Are interested in improving flexibility, balance and strength.
- Are age 60 or older.
Space is limited, so contact Alison in the Wellness Department at 863-577-6022 or email@example.com to reserve your spot. A lite snack and workbook are provided. Sign up today!