Live by the Lake
Florida Presbyterian Homes isn’t your typical retirement community. Our sprawling 48-acre campus sits along the shores of beautiful Lake Hunter in the historic Dixieland neighborhood of Lakeland, Florida.
Highlights of our community’s location include:
- Tree-lined streets throughout the neighborhood.
- Miles of well-maintained sidewalks.
- Only 40 minutes from Tampa and one hour from Orlando.
- Minutes away from Lakeland’s downtown district and local attractions.
Local attractions include:
- Hollis Gardens: Located on Lake Mirror, this neoclassical botanical garden features patterned flower beds, public art and ornamental fountains.
- Frank Lloyd Wright buildings: The campus of Florida Southern College boasts the single largest collection of buildings by this legendary American architect.
- Polk Museum of Art: This museum and cultural arts center hosts permanent and traveling exhibitions and features modern and contemporary styles, American and European decorative arts and Asian and pre-Columbian art.
- Polk Theatre: This vintage performing arts center showcases live performances, foreign films and other special events.
- The RP Funding Center: This entertainment, sports and convention complex hosts more than 500 events a year.
- Festival of Fine Arts: This series includes events, plays and art exhibitions at Florida Southern College.
- Bok Tower Gardens: Created on 250 acres of land, this botanical garden and bird sanctuary consists of a 205-foot Singing Tower with carillon bells, Pine Ridge Nature Trail, Pinewood Estate and a visitor center.
- Florida Air Museum: This museum houses a dynamic collection representing the history of airplanes, including one-of-a-kind designs, classics, ultralights, antiques and warbirds.
- Publix Field at Joker Marchant Stadium: Opened in 1966, this ballpark is the spring home of the Detroit Tigers and hosts several other sporting, theater and concert events.
- Lakeland’s Historic Downtown District:This revitalized area features a popular antiques district, Munn Park, Lake Mirror Park and Barnett Family Park.
- Florida Southern College, Polk State College and Southeastern University offer seniors opportunities for continuing education, including the option of auditing a college course of their choice.
- Florida Dance Theatre: This dance theatre features contemporary ballet and modern dance performances by faculty and students.
- Lakeland Linder Regional Airport: Nationally and internationally known as the home of the Sun ‘n Fun Aerospace Expo, a celebration of aviation and aircraft that takes place every spring.
- Lakeside Village: An outdoor shopping mall home to a variety of stores, restaurants and a movie theater.
- Bonnet Springs Park: A special regional park that’s close to downtown Lakeland, and yet home to giant oak trees and a gurgling stream that flows to Lake Bonnet.
Become part of our community and start enjoying our scenic and vibrant neighborhood. Fill out the contact form below or call us at 863-577-6001.