Live by the Lake
Florida Presbyterian Homes isn’t your typical retirement community. Our sprawling 48-acre campus sits along the shores of beautiful Lake Hunter in the historic Dixieland neighborhood of Lakeland, Florida.
Highlights of our community’s location include:
- Tree-lined streets throughout the neighborhood.
- Miles of well-maintained sidewalks.
- Only 40 minutes from Tampa and one hour from Orlando.
- Minutes away from Lakeland’s downtown district and local attractions.
Local attractions include:
- Hollis Gardens: Located on Lake Mirror, this neoclassical botanical garden features patterned flower beds, public art and ornamental fountains.
- Frank Lloyd Wright buildings: The campus of Florida Southern College boasts the single largest collection of buildings by this legendary American architect.
- Polk Museum of Art: This museum and cultural arts center hosts permanent and traveling exhibitions and features modern and contemporary styles, American and European decorative arts and Asian and pre-Columbian art.
- Polk Theatre: This vintage performing arts center showcases live performances, foreign films and other special events.
- The RP Funding Center: This entertainment, sports and convention complex hosts more than 500 events a year.
- Festival of Fine Arts: This series includes events, plays and art exhibitions at Florida Southern College.
- Bok Tower Gardens: Created on 250 acres of land, this botanical garden and bird sanctuary consists of a 205-foot Singing Tower with carillon bells, Pine Ridge Nature Trail, Pinewood Estate and a visitor center.
- Florida Air Museum: This museum houses a dynamic collection representing the history of airplanes, including one-of-a-kind designs, classics, ultralights, antiques and warbirds.
- Publix Field at Joker Marchant Stadium: Opened in 1966, this ballpark is the spring home of the Detroit Tigers and hosts several other sporting, theater and concert events.
- Lakeland’s Historic Downtown District:This revitalized area features a popular antiques district, Munn Park, Lake Mirror Park and Barnett Family Park.
- Florida Southern College, Polk State College and Southeastern University offer seniors opportunities for continuing education, including the option of auditing a college course of their choice.
- Florida Dance Theatre: This dance theatre features contemporary ballet and modern dance performances by faculty and students.
- Lakeland Linder Regional Airport: Nationally and internationally known as the home of the Sun ‘n Fun Aerospace Expo, a celebration of aviation and aircraft that takes place every spring.
- Lakeside Village: An outdoor shopping mall home to a variety of stores, restaurants and a movie theater.
- Bonnet Springs Park: A special regional park that’s close to downtown Lakeland, and yet home to giant oak trees and a gurgling stream that flows to Lake Bonnet.
Become part of our community and start enjoying our scenic and vibrant neighborhood. Fill out the contact form below or call us at